This documentation explains how to setup your email account in Outlook 2013. Previous versions of Outlook are configured in a similar manner. Documentation for other versions of Outlook will be available in the near future. If you need further assistance please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (518) 587-5107.
- Open Outlook 2013.
- Go to File, click the Account Settings box and select Account Settings from the menu that appears.
- While on the Email tab of the Account Settings dialog box click New.
- If the Choose Service dialog box appears select E-mail Account and click Next.
- Select Manual setup or additional server types and click Next.
- Select POP or IMAP and click Next.
- Enter your Account Settings as provided by Interactive Media Consulting. View the Email Client Setup page for the correct Incoming and Outgoing Server Addresses as well as the correct Port Numbers.
Your NameYour first and last name.
Email AddressYour full Email Address as provided by Interactive Media Consulting.
Incoming Mail Server
Outgoing Mail Server
UsernameYour full Email Address as provided by Interactive Media Consulting.
PasswordYour Password as provided by Interactive Media Consulting or if you have changed your Password at any point you will need to use that new Password instead.
Click More Settings.
- Select the Outgoing Server tab. Check My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication and Use same settings as my incoming mail server.
- Select the Advanced Tab. Check This server requires an encrypted connection (SSL) under Incoming server. Select SSL from the dropdown box next to Use the following type of encrypted connection beneath Outgoing Server. Outlook should adjust Port Numbers appropriately but Refer to Incoming and Outgoing Server Port Numbers to insure they are correct.Adjust the settings under Delivery accordingly. Most people will want to check Leave a copy of messages on the server and Remove from the server after 14 days. Click OK.
- Click Next. Outlook will test your Account Settings.
- If you receive an Internet Security Warning click Yes. Click Close.
- Click Finish.
- If you need to go back into your account to make changes simply highlight the account in the Account Settings dialog box and click Change and refer back to Step 7.
what people are saying
Your team continually impresses me with their professionalism, knowledge, accuracy and promptness. I am wow-ed by the service we get from IMC. This morning you made a global change to our site in 15 minutes. The IMC team is always there when I need them and amazingly the work often gets done the same day. I am so glad we chose Interactive Media Consulting!
Thank you, IMC, for a wonderful art website that is a) easy to update, b) looks great, c) gets lots of positive comments, and d) has encouraged sales by allowing my work to shine.
Your team is especially incredible (and patient!) to work with. It’s been a pleasant and rewarding experience working on this with them and, in the end, I have exactly what I want. Thanks!
I will be eternally grateful to you for what you have done to create this beautiful, fun, interactive web site. You are AMAZING!!!
Thank you so much for all you have done for the company, it’s been a pleasure working with you and I must say I even enjoyed assisting with the development of the website. The feed back we have been receiving is all good, we are so pleased with the outcome.
Thanks again it’s been a pleasure, I’m so happy we went through your company!!