How can we help you today?
Submit Site Map to Google’s Search Console
- Google “Search Console” and then login with the Google Analytics credentials that are in user passwords.
- Once logged in, click “Go to the old version” in the left sidebar.
- Click on the red Search Console heading in the top left corner.
- Click “Add a Property”.
- Enter in the url (you will do this 4 times, once for each http and https with and without the www).
- Download the html file and upload it to the root directory on the remote side (FTP).
- Click verify and then ok when it’s verified.
- Go to Search Traffic > International Targeting > Country and check Target users in United States. Then Save.
- Now go to Crawl > Sitemaps.
- Now go into the backend of the website and go to SEO > General > Features. Click the ? next to XML sitemaps and then click the See the XML sitemap link.
- Copy the “sitemap_index.xml” part of the url.
- Back in Search Console, click Add/Test Sitemap. Paste in the sitemap_index.xml and then click submit. Now click the refresh link. (Note: if you see an error about robots.txt it’s likely that the “Discourage search engines from indexing this site” checkbox is is checked in Settings > Reading in the backend of the site).
- Now click the gear icon in the top right corner and go to Site Settings.
- Click how the site should be displayed and click save. After you submit the site map for all four versions or the url then you will see a green check mark.
- Repeat steps 4-14 until you have completed all 4 versions. Note: You only have to complete step 6 the first time through.