How can we help you today?
Create a New Account in WHM
This documentation details creating a new account in Web Host Manager (WHM).
Talk to Beth to determine which server the new client account should be added to.
User Passwords Spreadsheet
Before creating the new client account open the User Passwords spreadsheet file and create a new row for the client, the location will depend on the client’s name as they are listed in alphabetical order.
- Enter the Client’s Name or Business Name.
- Enter the Primary Contact’s Name and Email Address.
- Once you have acquired the remaining information for Hosting, Domain, Database, CMS, Bulk Email, Shopping Cart, record it in the appropriate column in the spreadsheet and save.
Create a New Account in Web Host Manager (WHM)
- Log into WHM on the server Beth asked you to add the new client to.
- Click Account Functions.
- Click Create a New Account.
- Under Domain Information enter the Domain (without the http://www and subsequent forward slashes).
- A Username will be generated from the domain you entered. You may or may not need to alter it further. I try to keep the username at 8 characters.
- Click the Password Generator button to generate a strong Password. Avoid using brackets or parenthesis of any kind.
- Enter your Email Address.
- Under Package select General WordPress or leave as none.
- Under Settings select the x3 cPanel Theme.
- Under Mail Routing Settings select Remote, this will insure emails sent from our server reach the client before launch.
- Click the Create button.
Modify an Existing Account in WHM
Reasons you might need to modify an account include:
- Changing the account Password
- Changing the account Quota
- Changing the Contact Email Address
- Changing the Monthly Bandwidth Limit
- Changing the amount of allowed Email Accounts, FTP Accounts, SQL Databases, Subdomains, Parked Domains or Addon Domains
- Allowing Shell Access
- Log into WHM.
- Click Account Information
- Click List Accounts.
- Using the Search For field at the top of the screen, search for the account you want to modify.
- In the first column of the table click the [+] icon to expand the account.
- Here you will have access to change the Password, Contact Email Address and Quota.
- Click the Modify Account button to access all other settings.
- After you have modified an account click the Save button at the bottom of the screen.
- If the Package Conflict Resolution dialog box appears, check Keep this account on package “General WordPress” and click the Proceed button.