How can we help you today?
Move a Google Analytics Property
This documentation will detail how to move a Google Analytics property from one account to another.
You must be a user with full permissions on both the source and destination accounts.
How to Move a Property
- Navigate to https://www.google.com/analytics/.
- Log into your Google Analytics account.
- Click Sign In at the top-right and select Google Analytics.
- Click Admin at the top of the screen.
- In the Account column, select the account the property you want to move is currently in.
- In the Property column, select the property you want to move.
- Click Property Settings.
- Click the Move Property button at the top-right.
- Click the Select a destination account dropdown menu and select the account you want to move the property to. If you don’t see the account you want to move the property to the Google Analytics account you are currently logged into hasn’t been added to the destination account.
- Check Keep existing property and view permissions…
- Check to Confirm changes.
- Click the Start Move button.
The move could take several minutes. You may need to refresh the page multiple times to see the property removed from the source account and added to the destination account.
Once the move is complete you or the owner of the destination account can remove your access to their account.
Permission denied when attempting to move property.
This will occur if the appropriate permissions have not been assigned to the user in the destination account. All permissions should be assigned to avoid permission issues during the move.